EWB-I Member Associations Gather at Global Forum
Twelve EWB-I Member Associations (MAs) gathered in Denver, Colorado, for the second Alcoa-sponsored Global Forum on March 17, 2016. Attendee organizations included Australia, Brazil, Canada, India, France, Kosovo, Lebanon, Macedonia, Mexico, South Africa, Sweden, the United Kingdom and the USA.
The EWB-I MAs who received Alcoa funding in 2015 provided updates on their grants. The forum facilitated knowledge sharing, identification of best practices and renewed partnerships between many EWB-I organizations. Additional forum outcomes included:
- EWB Kosovo and EWB-USA began joint work on a USAID funding request for a proposal in Kosovo.
- EWB India and EWB-USA are working to collaborate on proposals within India for several corporations.
- EWB Sierra Leone (not in attendance) was connected with EWB France for possible work in Sierra Leone.
Several corporations (Bechtel, Boeing, CH2M, Tetra Tech) attended the forum and introductions were facilitated with future collaboration in mind. Opportunities for collaboration included:
- Tetra Tech announced $50,000 in project grant funding for EWB-I MA’s. Applications were accepted through May 15, 2016, and award decisions were announced June 1, 2016.
- Boeing is working to identify if funding is available outside of the U.S.
- CH2M is working with EWB UK to explore potential collaboration.
EWB-International would like to thank the Member Associations that participated in the forum. Your presentations sponsored great conversations and sparked exciting ideas for working together in the future.