EWB-I Global Forum 2017 : “The Formation of Engineers: A Global Issue” – 24-25 August 2017
Engineers Without Borders International will hold the EWB-I Global Forum 2017 entitled ‘The Formation of Engineers: A Global Issue’ bringing together 40 representatives of the EWB community to promote knowledge sharing and increase collaboration. Supported by the Arconic Foundation the Forum will be hosted by Engineers Without Borders UK in London between 24-25 August.
The scholarship application (administered through the EWB-I secretariat) closes on Friday 9 June 2017. Scholarship winners of up to US$1,000 per person will be notified via email by Friday 30 June 2017.
Outputs anticipated from the 2017 Global Forum:
- Press release immediately after the Global Forum. A brief record to allow for dissemination of highlights and the EWB-I community’s activities to a broad audience.
- Report of key levers currently employed by EWB organisations. A summary of items presented/discussed at the event.
- Declarations of intent to work collaboratively from attending EWB organisations. This would act as a step 1 indication of the EWB community’s intention providing a basis for collaboration, often lost if not agreed upon at the time.
- Joint declaration from attending EWB organisations / EWB-I about their view on the formation of engineers.
|Friday 30 June 2017||· Deadline to register
· Scholarship notifications sent
|Friday 4 August 2017||· Deadline for registrants to confirm attendance and provide final details|
|Thursday and Friday 24-25 August 2017||· EWB-I Global Forum 2017|
The Global Forum 2017 will be held at the Royal Academy of Engineering, 3 Carlton House Terrace, London, SW1Y 5DG.