Engineers Without Borders International (EWB-I) is an international association of national EWB/ISF groups whose mission is to facilitate collaboration, exchange of information, and assistance among its member associations that have applied to become part of the association. EWB-I helps the member groups develop their capacity to assist developing communities in their respective countries.
The main office of EWB-I resides in the USA with regional offices in Mexico, India, Denmark, and Egypt. The regional offices serve as the first point of entry for those national EWB/ISF groups that wish to apply for membership of EWB-I and represent the EWB/ISF groups that are part of the association.
The member groups of EWB-I share a similar mission, which is to partner with disadvantaged communities to improve their quality of life through education and implementation of sustainable engineering projects, while promoting global dimensions of experience for engineers, engineering students, and similarly motivated non-engineers. EWB-I creates links between like-minded organizations and cuts across national borders.
Projects coordinated by individual EWB/ISF member groups are grassroots and small and are not usually addressed by in-country consulting firms. It is a matter of policy that prior to taking on projects, EWB-I member groups make sure that they are not competing with private engineering firms.
EWB-I member groups and partner organizations contribute to meeting the Millenium Development Goals through capacity building in their projects. EWB-I endorses the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
EWB-I provides a unique platform for its member groups, affiliates, and outside organizations to:
- Create a new generation of Global Engineers
- Contribute to meeting the SDGs through capacity building in local projects
- Collaborate on projects and studies worldwide
- Share ideas, experiences, technical knowledge, and documentation
- Develop partnerships on community projects
- Address more global issues and projects
- Coordinate student exchanges, internships, and professional volunteers
- Advertise meetings and events
- Train and connect engineering professionals and students around the world
- Create synergy between their members
For more information, please contact email@example.com